Thursday, March 26, 2009

Simple and Steady

I always seem to get “gung-ho” at this time of the year. I get so excited for the transition into spring that I often exhaust myself. I am quick to put the winter clothes away, get the rake to the yard and throw open every window in the house even when it is still 40 degrees outside.

This year I am trying a new approach. I intend to apply my yoga practice to my life and try to gracefully transition into the spring season. Honestly, I don’t have the energy to exhaust myself anymore. (I think that is a good sign.)

For the past month or so my intention on my mat has been to be “simple and steady”. During practice, this intention reminds me to slow down and to move deliberately. It reminds me to be content with whatever pose is offered and to then transition gracefully into the next pose. By focusing on the simplicity of the movements, I’ve experienced more space in my body and my mind.

Now, applying this to my real yoga practice, my non-Verge life, will be more challenging. Simple and Steady. One project at a time. One step at a time. One moment at a time.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Joannie Berriman said...

Nice - welcome to my world! It is so hard not to get caught up in the rush of life, in the habit of doing all things fast, quickly and intensely that we miss that ahhh moment. I'll be thinking of you this Spring Cara. And I'll hope to bring the same intention now and again when I step on MY mat!

Joannie B.